Thursday, April 24, 2008

You Call That A Commercial!

It never ceases to amaze me how businesses allow schlock into their advertising messages. Here are is a list of the 5 worst things I heard in commercials today:

1. Friendly and knowledgeable staff- (duh, I was expecting a rude dimwit!)
2. 35 years in business (If you are relying on this you wont be around in 5 years)
3. There has never been a better time to buy...(So if I bought that car last month, you screwed me!)
4. Plenty of free parking (Get out of the way I have to rush down to your store!)

And the last thing,

5. Where two people are talking and they are spewing how great the the milling of that wood is going to make your living room look great. Who talks like that?

And a bonus point, don't let your family or staff members approve the ad. Before it airs, ask the professionals, your sales rep and the writer of the ad to weigh in on the finished product.

BB for now

No comments: