Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Do You Love What You Do

Cold Calling. Never been a fan. I don't like the rejection cold calling brings.

There are those that say cold calling develops character. Not me. The no's send me to my psychiatrist's couch to discuss whether I was loved or not growing up.

My only time as a cold caller lasted all of two weeks (one pay check) selling carpet cleaning. I worked with a guy who lived for selling carpet cleaning. It was a natural high for him to sell a 3 room carpet cleaning for $39.95.

I asked him once how he has lasted 15 years with all the rejection and he said to me, "kid, if you give up when they say no, you don't believe in the product you are selling. Time to find another profession."

Would you like to add the steam cleaning on your furniture for an 9.95 extra? I think I feel another trip to the couch coming on.


BB for now

No comments: