Sunday, June 1, 2008

Your call is important to us...NOT!

I am a big fan of Seth Godin. One of his latest blogs is entitled, "Should you fire the voice mail guy". Check it out at this link. http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2008/06/should-you-fire.html

Seth's blog got me thinking. I'd like to kick the person who invented voice mail in the groin. I hate it. Voice mail is an excuse to be rude. Forget all the voice mail gurus who say that you have not left a compelling reason to get a call back. Your voice mail wouldn't be full if you returned calls especially to the same person who has called you 3 times in a week. Call them back and say, "no thank you." How hard is that? Voice mail has made us lazy.

And for goodness sake, if you are going to have voice mail, I don't want to hear that you are out of the office for the Christmas season returning January 2nd. Hey knucklehead, its the summer. How lazy is that?

BB for now

No comments: